Accurate Moisture, Coat Weight & Film Thickness Profile Measurement
The Process Sensors Guardian-HD Web Profiling Series is a rugged and world-class analyzer to measure moisture, coat weight, adhesive thickness, and web temperature for all paper, film, and web-converting processes. It provides a non-contact, non-destructive on-line measurement of a complete zoned web profile, helping operators reduce instances of edge curl and lay flat issues that can result from improper moisture control. This translates to improved quality and consistency, less waste, and a quick return-on-investment.
The Guardian-HD Series features a Near Infrared (NIR) sensor that connects to a traversing frame that continually scans material across the width of the web for real-time analysis of important quality parameters. Moisture and coat weight measurements from the Guardian-HD Series can be made on many substrates and for wet-end and dry-end application processes.
- Easy calibration, operation, and standardization
- Rugged, sealed industrial frame and linear actuator withstands hot and humid environments common with paper and converting processes
- Automatic edge detection senses roll width to streamline set-up processes, and realigns to accommodate web drift
- Configurations available to monitor and control multiple Guardian-HD systems simultaneously
- Easily connect to closed-loop control systems or local alarms
- Minimize edge curl and lay flat issues with 100% real-time inspection of moisture, coat weight, thickness, and temperature of converting lines
- Decrease manual start-up times by 20%, eliminating the need for time-consuming lab testing and adjustments
- Each system can be customized to the width of the web, along with the ability to position the NIR sensor wherever it is needed
1. Guardian – HD Basic
2. Guardian – HD Essential
3. Guardian – HD Elite